Sunday, August 06, 2006

My first blog ever...

I just created a blog page, and when I got to this page to write something, I realized that I am better off in communicating verbally, and the only stuff I can write endlessly is about the technical world I work in... but then, I said to myself, "I will try my best to keep the technical nonsense out of these pages and write more about my experiences, life, travel and adventures".

I was never a good writer.. yes.. all the school and college exams are proof enough and needs no further explanation. But my friends and colleagues would acknowledge, that when it comes to technical stuff and official communication, I am the best. So I thought I would as well try to import some of those skills into these pages and write some non-technical stuff atleast once...

Even as I write this, I happened to catch up with two of my classmates on orkut, and was really happy that technology is really bringing people together virtually. But what an irony, its really taking the human-touch, feelings and emotions out of relationships. People who use these (I am no exception) forget the importance of emotions and expressions while communicating. No longer we look into the eyes of the person we are communicating with. People express liking, love, hatred, friendship and try to build all sorts of relationships over the passive communication media, void of all emotions.. hats off to technology...

Today is "Friendship Day", and I am supposed to go out to meet a few school-mates, but instead I am sitting here and writing a blog.. why? becoz, my school-mates are too busy with their own lives, and have no time for a get-together unless its planned atleast a week in advance. How I wish we could go back to the days when we neither had the computers nor the internet, and we had to go to our friend's house to copy the homework or meet them over for a sport on the streets.. now, people use google to complete their assignments and play online games.. and at the heights of it all, is the outsourcing. Hope the day never comes when relationships too get outsourced. Sounds funny and unrealistic? Well, its a mad world out there, anything can happen. Just wait and watch!

2 Comments:

At August 07, 2006 10:11 AM, Blogger Vikram said...

Excellent flow of thoughts!

 
At August 07, 2006 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Murli,
Not bad at all ..what your wrote about the world becoming more machine driven is true.. I wonder how many kids still play "gilli danda", "kancha", hide and seek and "hop scotch" out in the grounds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home